Thursday, September 30, 2010

Egg fried Rice :-)





You're right !! I'm on a cooking spree and making my fave dishes this week :D Presenting - my version of the egg fried rice!!

Ingredients:

Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Veggies needed: Spring onions, Baby corn, Peas, carrots [use all, or choose any combination]
2 Eggs [whisked well]
Soya sauce
Tomato puree/paste [the readymade one available in supermarkets is fine]
White pepper
Salt to taste

Method:

Cook the rice al-dente and toss in a bit of oil and fry well till the colour turns mild brown. In another wok, pour a bit of oil and toss in the white part [scallions] of the spring onions and stir until it turns brown. Now add in the egg mixture and wait till the eggs get scrambled. Mix well. Now add the green leaves of the spring onions and the baby corn. Mix really well and add a bit of tomato paste and a bit of soya sauce. Add salt to taste, and a a bit of white pepper for the spice. Stir thoroughly and keep the flame medium-high so that the ingredients get roasted in the heat; and to get the slightly-burnt taste. Now toss in this veggie+egg mixture into the fried rice and mix together really well, on a medium-flame for 3-4 minutes. Done !!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looove egg. And your recipe sounds fab!! The soya sauce and spring onions must have made a huge difference to the taste. Wish you could send me some :-)

Anonymous said...

ha ha ! kids are going to love this .

I am on the verge of pulling my hair trying to make something palatable for the kids .

:-D

Anonymous said...

Made veg fried rice in the same way adding some fried paneer cubes as well. It was also a hit ! Thanks Urmi !

Resurrected

I am back!! I just realized that my last post on this blog was in November 2020! OMG! How have you all been in the third year of the pandemi...