Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Hello 2019 !! Who's perfect?

I'm still here!! Wishing all of you a very happy and healthy 2019!

If you're reading this post, thank you so much for being a part of my blogger audience and thank you for your support and love always!

I'm not going to give excuses for why I didn't write even a single post in the last 6 months - but all I can say is that living life in the fast lane has taught me so much.

The best part is that happenings in my life always give me opportunities to learn and I'm so grateful for that! I have learned to approach life with utmost positivity and to have absolutely no expectations when it comes to people or situations that are not in my control.

My older one started secondary school (gasp!!) and everything is so new for him. He's getting a good grip on academics and also enjoys his creative pursuits so much. I love this guy for how chilled out he can be, sometimes way too chilled for his own good though HAHAHAHA.

As always I love observing people and quite often I seem to note the presence of these 'perfectionists'. The ones who claim that they are perfect with this and that. And pray where did they gain this notion from? Either (a) it's self created or (b) people around them keep calling them perfect.

Well, to break the bubble - there is nothing that's 'perfect'. Some people are organised and some thrive in chaos. Some have OCDs and some come alive when there's disorder around them. The important part is respect.

It's ok to not agree on a single point with someone, yet treat them with respect.
It's ok to never see eye to eye on any topic with someone, yet show them respect.
It's alright if someone isn't as perfect as we think they should be, because perfection is a perception.

Some people perceive themselves to be a version of  'perfect' and somehow get so absorbed into proving that to the world that they cannot see how insensitive it is making them.

I live in the UAE and the government has announced this year to be the Year of Tolerance. I so love this, because that's what our society needs more of. We need more people respecting each other the way they each are. To identify what makes us unique. To come together and celebrate differences.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. This is just so dil se, Urmi! And what beautiful points you've taken up. I agree 100% with you ��, and indeed, living in the UAE (with all its variety of people and experiences) is a bliss amd experience that someone outside cant imagine.

Godessofpr said...

So beautifully put! Loads of love, happiness and best wishes for the coming years!!

Resurrected

I am back!! I just realized that my last post on this blog was in November 2020! OMG! How have you all been in the third year of the pandemi...