Sunday, January 27, 2013

January 2013: when the flu bug visited us

We had a pretty tough start to the year. Literally from week # 2, the kids were sick on Round 1 and then it was hubby's turn, followed by me. Sniffles, coughs, fever, body aches - name it and we had it. 

Then we had one week free in the middle and I was so relieved, even made some weekend plans to go visit the zoo in neighbouring Al Ain. But on the eve of the weekend - guess what? Our older one ended up with a earache and a quick visit to the ENT doctor revealed the stirrings of a ear infection. And the next day our little one began to cough a little too. Blame it on the windy, dusty weather - so bookings had to be cancelled and we were yet again holed up at home.

Having spent most of January indoors, and having had NO life of my own in the past few weeks - I've developed the greatest respect for motherhood which is hands down the most selfless job designations I will ever hold. 

This was the first ever time my little baby fell sick so it was my first time to care for two sick kids at the same time. Being up for most nights rocking the little one to sleep, bearing up with his crankiness - AND taking care of the older one when he was sick and at home from school WHILST being sick myself - heck, yeah I managed. I thank the Lord Almighty for my better half who's been such an amazing dad and the biggest blessing ever for me : Couldn't have done it without him :-) 

Hoping Ms. Flu bug has bade us goodbye for the rest of the year - Bye and Please Don't Come back!


No comments:

Resurrected

I am back!! I just realized that my last post on this blog was in November 2020! OMG! How have you all been in the third year of the pandemi...