Friday, January 28, 2022

Resurrected

I am back!! I just realized that my last post on this blog was in November 2020! OMG!

How have you all been in the third year of the pandemic? Masking up and sanitizing has become an integral part of the new normal, horribly so. In 2020, we did not venture anywhere beyond what was necessary such as groceries or rarely, the mall. However in 2021, things did change a bit. We got vaccinated in the first half of the year and the kids got the vaccines too. We also got our boosters by September too. 

In 2021, even though schools reopened physically - they kept closing because of positive cases. So in the whole tossing around between online and offline, it was chaotic. They managed very well and I give them full credit for it! 

Everyone at home also very quickly learned to share their space and adjust, even though it's not so easy to concentrate in the home environment with all the distractions around. Especially looking at the cozy couch/bed!

In 2021, we started to go for small staycations, whilst following all safety protocols. After gaining some confidence in these trips, by the end of the year we also managed to go on a short holiday to Kenya with our N95 masks firmly on! 

I'll be posting an account of our trip very soon here so watch this space! 

Everyone has had different experiences in this pandemic. It's affected some families a lot more than the others. Which brings me to my favourite quote: 'Life is what we make of it'. 

During these trying times, let's disconnect, reconnect, rejuvenate, replenish and do whatever it is that can help us get through. Let's promise to look at each other with less judgement and more empathy. 

No comments:

Resurrected

I am back!! I just realized that my last post on this blog was in November 2020! OMG! How have you all been in the third year of the pandemi...