Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Mid year Musings

Yeah, Mid-Year indeed. No, I'm not going to say where did the time go because I sure know where it went. We spent it all at home.

How have all of you been - and how are you transitioning into the new normal?

I wrote my previous blog post at the beginning of lockdown. Ever since, nothing much has really changed - our days have been effectively tunnelling into our nights. In the beginning it was really difficult to get used to e-learning but then we started actually looking forward to it.  I can't actually believe we completed one entire term using e-learning. Kudos to the teachers who jumped onto the bandwagon just like us, without prior notice!!


Anyway, our academic year has ended and the school holidays have begun in full earnest. Here everyone is allowed to move out albeit with masks and social distancing etc but we have still not gone anywhere. Unless the UAE becomes covid-free, I don't think I'll be comfortable going out comfortably. The lockdown has eased and the economy has opened up - so it's a wait and watch situation.

It's again a matter of perspective. How we will emerge at the end of this lockdown period, totally depends on us. I can see that this pandemic has turned some people into insensitive monsters - we're all going through the same thing, and some people actually have it so much worse with job losses, homes gone etc. Why is it so difficult to be kind??

Of course, I don't judge those who want to step out - It's truly a gamble. Not everyone who goes out will get Covid. Not everyone who gets Covid will die. It's all about how much risk we're willing to take.

Meanwhile, we surge ahead. Kids have found renewed interest in helping around the house. Yes, they really miss the social interaction but on the plus side they are learning to tolerate each other :D It's also blazing hot and humid outside so spending time outdoors is not comfortable.

We have a grand two months ahead of us and I don't really have a plan. Right now, we are just busy getting our extra snoozes which we didn't get during the school term - guess, it's ok to take it slow!

What we want to do with our time and what we end up doing are two very different things :D but hopefully we'll get through this like we have so far!!






No comments:

Resurrected

I am back!! I just realized that my last post on this blog was in November 2020! OMG! How have you all been in the third year of the pandemi...