Sunday, May 26, 2019

One step at a time

It's officially the middle of the year, and time for reflection. 2019 has been filled with mixed emotions for us so far. We welcomed babies in the extended family, we lost beloved ones. Also said hello to new opportunities, opened some hidden doors and distanced myself from a few 'friends turned acquaintances'.


What I truly believe in , is one step at a time.

I have never been the one to rush and now I understand the meaning of keeping things flexible all the more. I'm no longer in a rush to prove myself, justify my decisions or portray a certain image to the world or to someone.

Holding myself accountable for the decisions I make, has really helped me think about what decisions I am making in the first place. It has helped me understand the larger picture and I am able to shove the more trivial bits aside, matters that I used to previously obsess about.

Half a decade ago, I was very keen to please everyone around me whether they cared for me or no. I used to make time for people who wouldn't spend a second of their day thinking about me. And to add to it, I used to be upset if those people didn't reciprocate my emotions and I would think it's because I was lacking in some way. In short, I was ridiculously clingy and it didn't do me any good.

On the other hand, as a giver, there are people who I used to hold long conversations with, and it suddenly dwindled to just a random monosyllabic hi, to zilch. Yes, nothing at all. No replies or responses received.

We have to understand we are 'enough'.


I now consciously steer clear of people who intentionally start 'discussions' that very evidently cross the line, or those people who dole out free advice when they weren't asked for it in the first place. These conversations give off red signals in our consciousness from the word 'Go' but somehow we are conditioned to believe we deserve to hear what such people say to us.


By the way karma has no menu. You get what you deserve - be it exceptional love and luck or the reverse.



I wish you all a beautiful second half of 2019, and hope you all get what you've been waiting for. Maybe the key to it is hidden just where you haven't been looking :)

No comments:

Resurrected

I am back!! I just realized that my last post on this blog was in November 2020! OMG! How have you all been in the third year of the pandemi...